Make the Most of Your Holiday Break
It’s that time of year. People are going on vacations, taking time off, or leaving for the holidays. Whether you’re one that’s taking some time off or sticking to the grind during the holidays, here are a few ways you can make the most of your break:
- Get organized. When everyone is out of the office, it’s a perfect time to go back to the basics. Organize your desk, your files, or your workspace. That’ll make it much easier to get right back to work when you return after the New Year.
- Get ready for next year. Remember that goal list you made at the beginning of the year? Make sure you review the list, give yourself credit for what you completed, and set your goals for the upcoming year.
- PLAN! Before you leave, make a plan. Split out your new goals into small action steps, and create a plan for when you would like to accomplish them. Consider separating goals by priority, and adding action steps at least quarterly, if not monthly.
- Recoup! Whether you’re taking a day off or a week off, take that time to free your mind of everything that still needs to be done when you return. We all worked hard this year, and sometimes a short mental break is just what we need to come back feeling rejuvenated, motivated, and ready to get down to business.
- CELEBRATE! Celebrate your accomplishments this year. Give yourself a pat on the back. And take this time to be thankful for the things you have and the people in your life.
Watch how we celebrate here!