Do You Recognize These?
- The owner/executive is wearing too many hats.
- People are frustrated because they aren’t allowed to make decisions.
- You don’t feel you have enough of the right people.
- There are no systems in place, so everyone does things differently.
- There is a fear that something will go wrong, and there’s no money to fix the problem.
- There are not enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished.
- The owner won’t trust others to do the right thing.
- Employees are confused about their responsibilities.
- There is a lack of goals and confusion about priorities.
- Company goals and direction seem to change every day.
- There is a lack of accountability within the company.
What If There Was Another Way?
Successful companies create an infrastructure to support itself through the various stages of growth. Executives establish and communicate the company direction and goals, ensuring everyone is in the loop regarding milestones. People are trained on standard operating procedures to ensure everyone is doing things the same way. They hire skilled professionals and match them to positions where individual strengths can be utilized. People are developed and prepared for positions as the company grows. Decision authorities are defined and executives are skilled at coaching and helping people accomplish goals. Executives and employees are proactively searching for new opportunities for the business.
There are many approaches to reducing some of the growing pains that come along with a growing business. Every business is different. Contact us to discuss your unique situation.